There are a wide variety of ways to make your opinion about water quality count:
- Consider joining the District’s Citizen Advisory Committee group of engaged citizens that meets monthly and advises the Board of Managers on a variety of topics or the Farmer Led Council which discusses agricultural topics relating to water quality.
- Get involved in your lake association, sportsmen’s/women’s group, or community group and let them know you care about the quality of our water resources and what we all can do to help protect them. Two such organizations within the PLSLWD are the City of Prior Lake Lakes Advisory Committee and the Prior Lake Association.
- Volunteer with the Watershed District to monitor a lake or stream through the Metropolitan Council Citizen-Assisted Lake Monitoring Program.
- Join us at our periodic volunteer events.
- Learn more about good water quality practices and use these best practices around your own home.
- Invite Watershed District staff to provide a presentation at a meeting of your homeowners association, club, or other community organization.