Funds are available through the Scott SWCD to help Scott County organizations and private winter maintenance contractors purchase winter de-icing equipment. Reduce your salt use today to save money and help protect local lakes & streams from salt pollution.
Grants provide up to $3,000 to purchase:
- Salting shields
- Liquid-based salt tanks and sprayers
- High precision applicators
- Changing from granular salt application to brine application
Eligible applicants include:
- Private winter maintenance contractor
- Non-profit organization who does their own winter maintenance on parking lots & sidewalks
- Public & private school districts
Visit www.scottswcd.org/chloride for official application and program details.