The Water Resource Management Plan is required by state statute and sets the goals, policies, programs and projects for protecting the water resources within the watershed district. Watershed districts are required to adopt and periodically update their Water Resource Management Plans. The 2020 Water Resources Management Plan will guide District activities from 2020-2029, providing a road map for the next 10 years and outlining all of the District’s activities, programs and projects for the next decade.
The current PLSLWD plan is for 2010-2019 and we are in the process of putting together our management plan for the next ten years. All interested partners and the public are invited to provide input into the upcoming management plan and help to identify water resource issues and concerns that need to be addressed. The plan update began in Spring 2018 and will be completed in 2020.
DRAFT 2020 Water Resources Management Plan:
The DRAFT 2020 Water Resources Management Plan was released for the required 60-day agency review on January 15, 2020. At its April 14, 2020 meeting, the Board of Managers held a public hearing and issued responses to comments by agencies. No comments were received at the public hearing. Changes to the draft January plan have been based on agency comments and suggestions.
The Board reviewed the May 7, 2020 draft Water Resources Management Plan below at its meeting on May 12th, 2020. The Board passed a motion to send the draft plan to BWSR for the final 90-day review.
Please click on the following links to view the associated documents:
- DRAFT 2020 Water Resources Management Plan: May 7th, 2020
- Appendix A: Bibliography
- Appendix B: Maps and Reference Figures
- Appendix C: DNR Fisheries Data
- Appendix D: District Rules
- Appendix E: PLOC MOA and Operating Procedures
- Appendix F: Education & Outreach Plan
- Appendix G: Hydrologic Data and Figures
- Appendix H: Long Term Monitoring Plan
- Appendix I: Comprehensive Wetland Plan
- Appendix J: Cooperative Cost Share Program Manual
- Appendix K: BWSR Level II Performance Review
- Appendix L: Summary of Management Plan Meetings & Public Feedback
- Appendix M: Outcomes & Measures Dashboards
- 60 Day Review Comments Received
- Agency Comments and Response Log
- April 14th, 2020 Board Meeting Minutes: Public Hearing
This website will be continuously updated with the most current version of the draft plan, and ultimately, the final approved plan document.