The 2020 Water Resources Management Plan will guide District activities from 2020-2029, providing a road map for the next 10 years and outlining all of the District’s activities, programs and projects for the next decade.
The Water Resource Management Plan is required by state statute and sets the goals, policies, programs and projects for protecting the water resources within the watershed district. Watershed districts are required to adopt and periodically update their Water Resource Management Plans. The previous PLSLWD plan was for 2010-2019. The plan update began in Spring 2018 and was completed in 2020.
Approved 2020-2030 Water Resources Management Plan:
Please click on the following links to view the 2020 Water Resources Management Plan and associated documents:
- 2020-2030 Water Resources Management Plan – Adopted July 14th, 2020
- Appendix A: Bibliography
- Appendix B: Maps and Reference Figures
- Appendix C: DNR Fisheries Data
- Appendix D: District Rules
- Appendix E: PLOC MOA and Operating Procedures
- Appendix F: Education & Outreach Plan
- Appendix G: Hydrologic Data and Figures
- Appendix H: Long Term Monitoring Plan
- Appendix I: Comprehensive Wetland Plan
- Appendix J: Cooperative Cost Share Program Manual
- Appendix K: BWSR Level II Performance Review
- Appendix L: Summary of Management Plan Meetings & Public Feedback
- Appendix M: Outcomes & Measures Dashboards
- 60 Day Review Comments Received
- Agency Comments and Response Log
- April 14th, 2020 Board Meeting Minutes: Public Hearing
- June 24, 2020 BWSR Board approval of the plan
The draft 2020 Water Resources Management Plan was released for the required 60-day agency review on January 15, 2020. At its April 14, 2020 meeting, the Board of Managers held a public hearing and issued responses to comments by agencies. No comments were received at the public hearing. Changes to the draft January plan were based on agency comments and suggestions.
The Board reviewed the May 7, 2020-2030 draft Water Resources Management Plan at its meeting on May 12th, 2020. The Board passed a motion to send the draft plan to BWSR for the final 90-day review. The Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources Board approved the PLSLWD’s revised 2020-2030 Water Resources Management Plan at its regular meeting held on June 24, 2020, the final version of which is provided below. The PLSLWD’s Board officially approved the final 2020 Management plan at its regular July meeting on July 14, 2020.